A change in the fourth century C.E.: the Trinity
The Nazarene Jew Jeshua (Jesus) had argued with many Jews that some of them had allowed to enter false teachings in their life. The Jewish faith in danger, very soon the disciples of Christ also saw false, philosophical teachings enter their communities.
As a Jew Jesus had always believed and worshipped only One True God, the God of Israel, who is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as well as a God of clarity, order, love, patience, and the God of the Holy Scriptures (or the Bible).
It is surely self-evident that if a religion is to have any power and authority for mankind, it must be revealed by God Himself. For there is only one alternative: if the message is not from God, it must come from man. But how can any man presume to tell other men and women what is true and right? The teachings of the great majority of the religions of the world obviously come from human thinking. There is one notable exception. The religion of the Bible — the Christian religion — is emphatically a revealed religion, the word of God for man.
Its message is never presented as of human authority. “The word of the Lord” comes to the prophet and He delivers it as just that. Old and New Testaments are alike in this. When that Word is written down for the benefit of future generations, it is, says Paul, “inspired of God”. Literally he wrote, “God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16), a remarkable expression conveying the thought that God’s Spirit (or ‘breath‘) was in the very written words. So, says Peter, the Scripture “came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21). Notice the contrast: not “by the will of man”, but from God direct by His Spirit.
With the years human beings preferred to take on philosophical teachings and imaginational ideas.
The sheer supremacy of God and the glory which should be ascribed to Him by puny mankind is a constant theme throughout Scripture. This also made some people think human beings are not capable of much and certainly not of keeping God’s Laws. they do forget that in such instance God would have given His Creatures Laws and regulation He knew they could not keep, which would make of this God a terrible God, because mankind was punished for not keeping His instructions.
Jesus was a man born of a human mother and had the same physical nature we have. He faced the same temptations we face and, like us, had the propensity to sin. Unlike us, however, Jesus did not succumb to any temptation and did not sin, living his life in complete and utter obedience to God, his Father. He is the liveable proof that a human being can submit to God and do God’s Will.
For many human beings it is unbelievable that it is possible for man to do the wish of God, but by thinking that that pull down the quality of Jesus and reduce the Messiah to a god who faked his death and faked his resurrection, giving man no proof at all that we may expect a standing up from the dead.
Brother Robert Roberts wrote:
“Human appointments are liable to be founded on false theories, and therefore, will work mischief instead of benefit. It is a false theory that we have “light within;” it is a false theory that we have intrinsic memory of divine things; it is a false theory that knowledge once introduced into the mind is a permanent fixture there; and any line of action based on these assumptions is certain to lead away from the path of life.
Most men are more or less influenced by a false theory of this sort, and the effect is seen in the neglect of Bible reading, the neglect of meetings, the neglect of “the ordinances” as delivered by Paul at the command of Christ:
and the effect of this neglect is spiritual death.”
Making Jesus into God makes expressions of Jesus also very strange. Him wanting us to become one with him as he was one with the Father, having people thinking his oneness with the Father means he has to be God, makes us also to be God, because we too have to be one with Christ and one with God like Jesus was one with God.
When Jesus would be God how can we then identify ourselves with that man born in Bethlehem? When the Bible tells us God can not die because He is an eternal Spirit, though Jesus explains to his disciples he is no spirit because he has flesh, bones and bloods, and they can see his wounds. Who is telling than the truth, Jesus or the many believers who say Jesus is God?
We have to be sincerely aware what it means to come out of the world. We should also remember that the God of love always tells the truth and that His only begotten son, who does not sin, must also always have told the truth. Their words therefore we should take at heart, and when One says “This is my son” we should believe that the man pointed out is His son and not Himself. also when the other says the Other is greater than him and that he could not do anything without That Greater Being, we should accept that That Greater Being is his heavenly Father, like Jesus tells us.
We should join ourselves to Jesus, becoming a true Christian, i.e. becoming real followers of Jesus, believing his words and following his teachings. Giving yourself to him and obey him, like him serving his heavenly Father, the God of Abraham. that way you may count on it that all of your past sins shall be blotted out. You shall then have a share in those things that belong to him; not otherwise.
“Come out from amongst them, and ye shall be my sons and daughters.”
Doing this, we have peace with God, because we know He is not angry with those who believe His promises, hope in His Word, and obey His commandments.
If we trifle with His Word, or allow other things to have a higher place in our affections, we have no ground for peace; but if we magnify His Word and give ourselves to the contemplation of it, we may indulge in a peace that passes understanding.
Choosing the right Father
“God was not the father of all men.”
The Doctor, in reply to the remarks thus made, referred for confirmation of what he had said, to what Christ said upon one occasion to the Jews, when he is recorded to have addressed them in the words,
“Ye are of your father the devil” ( John 8:44 ).
– “If you don’t like your father you can come over.”
1 These words spake Yahushua, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true Elohim, and Yahushua the Messiah, whom thou hast sent.
Please find additional information:
- God of gods
- God of gods -Host of hosts
- Almighty Lord God of gods and King above all gods
- “Who is The Most High” ? Who is thee Eternal? Who is Yehovah? Who is God?
- Only one God
- God is One
- Looking for God
- People Seeking for God 2 Human interpretations
- People Seeking for God 4 Biblical terms
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 1
- Being Religious and Spiritual 5 Gnostic influences
- The Divine name of the Creator
- God about His name “יהוה“
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- Sayings around God
- Attributes of God
- One God the Father, a compendium of essays
- Believe in God
- Blindness in the Christian world
- Getting out of the dark corners of this world
- Truth, doubt or blindness
- Not staying alone in your search for truth
- Knowing where to go
- Why is it that Christians don’t understand Muslims and Muslims do not understand Christians?
- Islam says it admires faith based on logic, what about the others
- Genesis 1:26 God said “Let us make”
- Pluralis Majestatis in the Holy Scriptures
- Increased in wisdom in favour with God
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- Yahushua, Yehoshua, Yeshua, Jehoshua of Jeshua
- Who was Jesus?
- Jesus spitting image of his father
- Jesus and his God
- Is Jesus God?Jesus and His God
- Jesus is the Son of God but Not God the Son
- How much was Jesus man, and how much was he God?
- On the Nature of Christ
- Jesus Messiah
- Jesus spitting image of his father
- Yeshua a man with a special personality
- A man with an outstanding personality
- Reasons that Jesus was not God
- The wrong hero
- He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. #1 Creator and His Prophets
- Seeing Jesus
- Christ begotten through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Sayings of Jesus, what to believe and being or not of the devil
- Jesus begotten Son of God #12 Son of God
- The Son can do nothing of his own accord
- Entrance of a king to question our position #1 Coming in the Name of the Lord
- Entrance of a king to question our position #2 Who do we want to see and to be
- Those who love Jesus
- Follower of Jesus part of a cult or a Christian
- Looking for a biblically sound church
- TD Jakes Breaks Down the Trinity, Addresses Being Called a ‘Heretic’
- Christ Versus the Trinity
- Is God a Trinity?
- Trinity versus truth
- The Trinity – true or false?
- The Trinity – the Truth
- History of the acceptance of a three-in-one God
- The Trinity: paganism or Christianity?
- Trinity And Pagan Influence
- How did the Trinity Doctrine Develop
- How did the doctrine of the Trinity arise?
- History of the acceptance of a three-in-one God
- Questions for those who believe in the Trinity
- Trinity: A False Doctrine of a False Church
- Part 2) God is not a Trinity
- Unitarianism and the Bible of the Holy Trinity
- Trinity: The Truth about Matthew 28:19 & 1 John 5:7
- Christianity without the Trinity
- In Defense of the truth
- A fact of History or just a fancy Story
- Objects around the birth and death of Jesus
- The imaginational war against Christmas
- Hanukkahgiving or Thanksgivvukah
- Thanksgivukkah and Advent
- Jesus begotten Son of God #19 Compromising fact
- Nazarene Commentary Luke 3:1, 2 – Factual Data
- Nazarene Commentary Matthew 3:13-17 – Jesus Declared God’s Son at His Baptism
- Philippians 1 – 2
- In the death of Christ, the son of God, is glorification
- Politics and power first priority #3 Elevation of Mary and the Holy Spirit
- A god who gave his people commandments and laws he knew they never could keep to it
- Sitting at the right hand of God
- If the Father is the “only true God” (John 17:3) , does that mean that Jesus is a false god?
- Americans really thinking the Messiah Christ had an English name
- Spelling Yahshuah (יהשע) vs Hebrew using Yehoshuah (יהושע)
- What is the truth asked also Pontius Pilate
- Maintaining unity of Spirit in the bond of peace becoming one with God
- Building up the spirit of the soul
- The wrong hero
- Jewish and Christian traditions of elders
- Joseph Priestley To the Point
- Who we are
- Who are the Christadelphians
- What are Brothers in Christ
- Christadelphian people
- Christadelphians worldwide
- Major differences in thinking opposed to other Christians
- Christadelphians their faith
- Our faith and beliefs
- Our Aims
- Our history
- Tools to help you on your quest
- Coming to understanding from sayings written long ago
- Bible Word of God, inspired and infallible
- Finding and Understanding Words and Meanings
- Bible a guide – Bijbel als gids
- Bible our guide
- The Bible and names in it
- A voice and a Word given for wisdom
- Creator and Blogger God 7 A Blog of a Book 1 Believing the Blogger
- Challenging claim 3 Inspired by God 2 Inerrant Word of God
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #1 Introduction
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #2 Needs in life
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #3 Fast food or staple diet
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #4 Not to get the best from our diet– or from ourselves
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #5 What is God like
- the Bible – God’s guide for life #8 Looking to Jesus #1 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus
- Bible our guide
- The bible and us
- Feed Your Faith Daily
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 13 Getting wisdom
- Bible-warnings to be taken seriously
- Bible Reading Planner
- Christadelphian Bible course
- Determine the drive
- Fools despise wisdom and instruction
- Roman, Aztec and other rites still influencing us today
- Solstice, Saturnalia and Christmas-stress
- Responses to Radical Muslims and Radical Christians
- Good Morning January 25 We are theologians
- Home: Blog